Monday, February 3, 2014

Good deeds

I've been living in a hectic state lately, running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  So today, I had a flip-chart with me where Dr. Seuss teaches students basic colors, shapes, letters and all of the other essentials that we learn in kindergarten.  I went to the post office to send off a package to Berlin and had the chart with me.  Needless to say when I got home after 4 I realized it was missing.  So I mentally went over my day and realized it had to be at the post office.  Are you thinking this is about to end badly?  Well, I was, too until I went back to the post office and the man behind the counter smiled at me as soon as I entered the door.  ( Please note: Germans don't generally just smile at random people.) He told me he'd be with me in a moment and a woman went into the office and appears with Dr. Seuss flip-chart in hand.  You can say what you'd like about the people who live in the former East Germany, but they are the most honest people I've ever met.  It makes me happy to live here with so many awesome people.

No comments: