Monday, July 6, 2009

Living in Germany has been a true adventure, you just never know what's around the corner. I love it here, but without a permanent position in the workforce I am no longer allowed to live here. It's a shame that I can't stay, however the memories that I have made here will last a lifetime. The people are so kind and willing to help, even if you only speak broken german. I have traveled throughout Germany and to Prague in the Czech Republic. I haven't found a place yet that I thought was ugly or where the people were unkind.
I think Americans could learn a lesson from the people here about what is important in life. We can always find another job, move to a different city, buy a new car and house, but we cannot buy friendship, or help from a good friend when we need it. People and the relationships we have with them is what is important. Relaxation, and taking time to smell the roses is also important. I believe many Americans are so enthralled with work and making a dollar that they often forget to relax for a minute and call a friend.
I will be returning to the US next month and although I will admit to missing KrispyKreme and Starbucks I am in no hurry to return to the hustle and bustle of American life.

No comments: